The reason I was put on this earth, was to be a mother. I now know this after having our first amazing child!

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Let the house proofing begin!

I was making supper tonight and had Caden in his walker thinking that would occupy him enough so I could get supper made and well...he has now learned how to actually "use" the walker. Before his legs were just a little too short and he was entertained with the toys that were attached to the walker. Those times are behind us. He was zooming all over the place and getting into EVERYTHING. Needless to say our candles and decorative items will no longer be in the living room. He is also rolling everywhere as well. And if anyone has a solution to how to keep the dogs toys and baby's toys separated please let me know.
Some other cute little quirks he has been doing lately....When eating after every bite he goes "Mmmm" like it's the best thing he has ever tasted! So cute!! He also still has to have his hands on his head when falling asleep, only now he has started doing it while playing. He will take a quick little time out to do a little rub of the head and then back to what he was doing.
As I said before he is trying to get into everything and is so observant. When holding him he will permanently have his arm outstretched in front of him to try and grab anything and EVERYTHING in his reach. Doing "simple" tasks while holding him is just not possible anymore. It took me forever to put pizza in a plastic bag the other day while holding him cuz he kept grabbing the bag. He's such a shiest-er!!
Another cute thing he does a lot is when walking past the fridge he gets SO excited. I have a picture of Macy on the fridge and when he sees it he wants to touch it and gets squirmy. Almost like he recognizes who that is. It's amazing how his personality just keeps growing every week!
Along with the joys of being a mother also come the worries and I have my fair share of worrying for this little guy. Ever since he was born he has had little red patches on his skin. Usually in just one place and they would go away and then pop up in another place. SO I finally took him to the dermatologist and had it checked out. Even after his pediatrician told me it was just dry skin and after many times of Kyle telling me to stop worrying it's just dry skin. WELL... we found out that he has excyma (dry skin). So turns out I was being a worry wart, BUT having that peace of mind and knowing FOR SURE that it isn't anything, was well worth the visit! I can now stop worrying...well about that anyway!!

Oh..one more thing worth mentioning....Caden FINALLY got his first tooth!!! He has been "teething" for what seems like MONTHS. Every whine, high temp, and crabbiness was blamed on "he's teething", but the teeth were never coming. Well last week, we had two pretty bad episodes of crying and when I say crying..I mean screaming (the kind that just broke my heart because he was hurting and I couldn't fix it). He only cried for a couple of minutes, but it felt like an hour. Anyway, tooth numero uno has arrived and I am looking forward to all the rest (kids have 20 teeth right?? Man I hope that the teething process gets easier, I don't think I can handle 19 more episodes)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment