The reason I was put on this earth, was to be a mother. I now know this after having our first amazing child!

Friday, March 12, 2010

He just melts my heart!

Caden is now getting his SECOND tooth...he is getting SO big :) Needless to say with these teeth come crabbiness as all you moms know. Yesterday was his crabby day and I had the day off so I basically spent the day holding him and trying to squeeze in folding a shirt or two in between his bouts of moodiness. The great thing about babies is that no matter how cranky they get, they just have to do one little thing to melt your heart and you forget about the last hour where you were ready to pull your hair out. And since I think my baby is the cutest baby on the planet (as every mother does of their children), I had a day filled with mommy son moments that I wouldn't trade for anything.
One little moment...Kyle was feeding Caden a bottle and I decided after my long day that a bowl of frozen yogurt would do me wonders, well the last bowl that I had, I shared with Caden and he of course LOVED it! So when I sat down with my bowl of chocolate chip, he cranked his head over to look at me, noticed what I was eating and gave the cutest pout face letting me know that he wanted to share in this delight with me. Kyle putting the parenting skills into full force said no, you have your bottle first then you can have ice cream. Caden didn't like this much and full tantrum mode set it. Can an 8 month old already throw tantrums?? I thought that didn't come until the terrible twos?? Hmm this must mean our child is already excelling!! Well long story short, Caden and I shared a bowl of choc. chip yogurt, followed by many Mmm's after each bite! That lil man just melts my heart! Oh and Kyle had previously left the room and tried to get Cade to finish his bottle (which he didn't), but then later brought him back saying that at least it was on his terms. LOL this makes me laugh and just love my husband all the more. He is such a great daddy and I love that he is already trying to set the rules. I can already tell who will be the rule enforcer and who will be the pushover!!

No comments:

Post a Comment