The reason I was put on this earth, was to be a mother. I now know this after having our first amazing child!

Thursday, November 19, 2009

4 Month Checkup

Caden had his four month check yesterday and everything went great!! He is now 25.38in (65%tile), 14.12lbs (44%tile), and head is 16.2in (21%tile), so he is definitely taking after daddy, tall, skinny with a lil noggin!! It seems like everytime I put on a sleeper it is too short for him!! He also got two shots yesterday which he DID NOT like...poor lil thing. The new and exciting thing that he is now doing is cereal!!! We started just a couple days ago and so far he is still learning the mechanics of swallowing. Before children you don't really think of all the little things you have to learn, but even a simple thing like swallowing needs practice. Anyway, all is good and healthy!! This past week has been a struggle as Dian(daycare) her kids are sick so Caden has been without daycare all week. I thankfully have some other preschool moms that have been helping along with his uncle Adam, but man what a pain, I can't wait to get back to a "normal" week.
Here he is a couple of weeks ago on a brisk afternoon walk, I think he made it half a block before falling asleep!


Trying cereal for the first time...looks like he is enjoying it doesn't he?? I just think he is thinking...what the ****?? lol Didn't last long before he broke into tears. Everyday has gotten easier and he seems to be getting the hang of it!


Christmas gift from Grandma & Grandpa Peters ( I know, a little early, but no sense in luggin it Dickinson just to bring it back again..he doesn't know any better anywhoo.) I think he is a little over stimulated at this point!! LOL


Gramma visiting...she got a kick out of his smirk. Quick story...went to the mall and as we are stuggling to get down the narrow hallway into a crowded bathroom with tons of bags, a huge stroller ( that baby is now not able to sit in cuz it's filled with bags from xmas shopping) so baby in arms and I who knows what else we were juggling in our arms. anyway so we struggle to get into the bathroom and I head straight to the huge stall cuz that's the one where the baby changing station is. After struggling to fit into that door and get both mom, me and caden in with the stoller I look back to notice a line of three women. So I say, oh I am sorry were you waiting in line...well after seeing us struggle they of course let us bud in front of them and then as I shut the door I notice mom giggling and giving Caden a high five. She said he had the cutest grin like "ha ha" suckers. Nobody was looking at him, he was just smilin away like he knew he was getting away with something! Is this what is to come??!!

Daddy putting together his first "big toy"! I have a feeling he will spend many hours in his lifetime doing this!! He laughed when he looked at the box and it said some assembly required and he opened up the box to hundreds of pieces...they didn't specify some to be a lot!


Grma & Gpa visiting us!!


Grpa had caden laughing...of course...dad's always good with "playing"

love how he cuddles his bear blanky

2 comments:

  1. We passed you guys Saturday evening on 13th Ave. probably during your shopping spree. It looked like you guys were either headed for the pet store or Burlington Coat Factory. Not sure which store for sure, but you and your mom appeared to be on a serious mission--you didn't even see James and I wildly waving at you. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. We WERE on a mission!! Mom had two days to shop for 13 people...mission accomplished. I am TIRED, never thought I would shop from 10 am to 11pm and then go out the next day. whew!

    ReplyDelete